Guide to Website Marketing
A website is an essential marketing tool for a business to help with increasing brand awareness and generate leads. It is a digital showcase for a company’s product and service and the organisation’s credibility to its visitors.
Website marketing can help to attract visitors globally around the world who could, in turn, be interested in the company’s products or services. In addition to brand awareness, an ideal website should be ranked on Google’s SERP for its targeted keywords.
A good responsive website can be established with the right tools despite the many factors. Let’s start with some top Content Management System (CMS) software that can help when planning to build a responsive website.
WordPress is a popular option because it is free, open-source, and has many features. Initially designed as a blogging platform, it has since evolved to be ideal for e-commerce and small businesses, and it continues to excel at content publication.
Everyone can create a basic website using Wix‘s straightforward drag-and-drop builder, even those with no prior coding or design knowledge. Without feeling overwhelmed by UX building or coding, Wix offers the ability to customise the site and content easily.
For building professional, creative websites, Squarespace is highly recommended. The platform provides suitable theme options for your business, user-friendly content streamlining templates, sophisticated style editing, marketing analytics, and even top-notch image sourcing.
Next, we will consider some factors for a successful website marketing strategy!
1. Conduct a Website Design Review
The first step is establishing a website that appropriately reflects the company while giving the visitor an enjoyable user experience.
Simple & Navigable Site Structure
A well-designed site structure aids users and search engines navigate the website quickly as they find information. As a general guideline, any page on the website should be reached in three clicks or fewer from the homepage.
Updated & Accurate Information on Products
It is vital to ensure that the website presents users with all updated and relevant information regarding the business and products. To capture visitors’ attention, try adding visual elements to the website.
Fast & Optimally Designed for Different Browsers/Devices
Test out the website in different browsers as it may appear differently. The same should apply to other devices such as phones and tablets to offer different users a good experience while navigating the website.
A well-defined SEO strategy can help improve the ranking of a website in search engine results when users search for related keywords. Appearing on the search engines will increase traffic and help generate leads for a business.
SEO software suites such as SEMrush and Ahrefs provide a range of SEO services that can support a company’s SEO and marketing goals. Each business should have a set of keywords that customers search for frequently. These platforms can help with keyword research and see how each keyword performs on the search engines.
Here are some tips to add keywords to your web content so that Google can recognise them:
- Use the keyword in the meta title and meta description.
- Yoast is a WordPress plugin that helps with content search engine optimisation.
- SERP Simulator gives a guide on meta titles and description length.
- It would help to input the targeted keyword in the page’s URL.
- Ensure that images’ alt text and descriptions also include the keyword.
- If possible, try incorporating the target keyword in two or more headings on the page.
Website speed and loading times are also critical. If your website loads for a long time, this will negatively affect the user experience and search engine rankings.
Blogging should not be just churning out an article’s content and publishing it. Do take the time to research what topics users are looking out for to both learn and read.
Google Analytics is a tool that allows website owners to check which pages the website is most commonly visited, and It is a great way to determine how the website is performing. To find out more about the latest trending keywords by location and time frame, Google Trends is a free tool that shows popular search terms.
Blogs should not be separate from the rest of your website. Within each blog, do internal linking to other pages on your website, such as your products or Contact Us section and trustworthy websites to increase credibility. For an effective SEO and content ranking, it’s essential to leverage internal and external links.
4. Effective CTAs
A call to action (CTA) will likely draw the reader’s attention and convert your readers into a lead or help maintain the relationship. CTAs can bring attention to email sign-ups, content upgrades, and consultation and boost exposure across your marketing channels.
- Be clear and concise with your CTAs. The most commonly used CTAs on websites are “Enquire Now!”, “Download Now!”, Contact Us Today!” and “Shop Now!”.
- Provide readers with different options. The more opportunities for them to click, the more likely they will eventually engage with one.
- Make it easy! Allow people to fill out the form instantly! Avoid having too many fields that might turn potential leads away.
- CTA placements should depend on the website’s flow and the position’s visibility. The colour and design of your CTA button also play a crucial role in attracting readers to click. For example, when using large buttons, pick a less striking colour; for small buttons, you can opt for a brighter one.
Website marketing is about optimising the website with relevant content and reaching out to as many visitors as possible in the targeted regions. Be strategic with the actions taken and, most importantly, enjoy the process.